Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What Our Class Wants to Know About Plants!

We generated this list of questions we have about plants today during Science. Anyone who answers one or more of these questions on the blog will get 10 points in Science. You should answer as a comment and you must include WHERE you found your answer. 


What We Want to Know About Plants

How long it might take a plant to grow?
What plants eat bugs?
Are there any plants that do not need minerals?
What type of seed is a Venus Fly Trap?
How many plants are poisonous?
Are there plants that people don’t know about?
Are there any rare plants?
Do a lot of plants have spikes?
What types of plants have flowers?
Why do some plants have thorns?
How do plants use sunlight?
Do all plants have leaves?
Do plant’s roots grow more than the plant?
Why do flowers have pollen?
How many plants are there?
Can plants live everywhere?
Do all flowers have pollen?
How long does it take the redwood tree to grow?
Is there really a rubber tree?
Do cacti move where water grows?


21 comments:

  1. are trees made out of rubber no I found this on google sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. do cacti move to where water grows? Nope. My mom told me. sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. how many plants are there 250,000 google



    sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. how many poisonous plants are there? 62 plants

    sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Venus fly trap seed is also known as dionaea musciela seed. These plants eat bugs. When grown from seed the plants take 4 to 5 years to mature. They will live for 20 to 30 years.

    I found this on WWW.flytrapcare.com.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. jada febuary 27,2013

    carnivorou plants eat bugs and veuns fly trap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is Maeve. It takes 15-20 years for a redwood tree to grow 70 feet tall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What plants eat bugs ,venus flytrap,pitcher plant,sun dew plants,cobra plants,bludderwort plants,rainbow plants,dewy
    pine plants,butterworts plants,waterwheel plants,stinking
    passion flower.

    From
    Asia

    ReplyDelete
  9. not all plants have leaves.My mom told me and I used google to find the answer to the redwood tree guestion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how long would it take to grow a plant about 4 weeks if they have water,sunlight,and minerals

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Maeve and not all flowers have pollen. I found it on google

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plants cannot live everywhere.I found it on google too.

    Maeve

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are about 375,000 different kinds of plants. I found it on google as well.

    Maeve

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are 10 plants that we don't know about but we think are poisonous. I found it on a plant website.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Plants have thorns to use for defense. I found it on a different plant website and I did the plants we don't know much about.

    Maeve

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi this is Maeve it takes some flowers two years to grow and trees grow until they die. I found my answer on google.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Out of 3,200 kinds of plants in Colorado,173 of them have been categorized as rare. So yes,there are many rare plants.

    Maeve

    ReplyDelete
  18. do cacti move YES! when the wind blows
    Hi this is serenity from dad

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do cacti move,yes when the wind blows.

    I found my answer from my DAD aka genius. Serenity

    ReplyDelete
  20. I found a list of 30 poisonous plants on a plant website but I think there are more poisonous plants.

    Maeve

    ReplyDelete
  21. some plants have thornes to protect it.

    Jada

    ReplyDelete